Tuesday, January 22, 2008

ADD Random

  • I can't focus on any one thing in the slightest bit. So I'm going to kinda bullet.
  • This morning I woke with a nice 88. Very happy with that.
  • My blood sugars have been stellar this week as far as staying down. I've had few highs but no higher than 250. My problem has been getting it up and keeping it up. (stay out of the gutter.)

  • I've been arguing with lows. Nothing too desperate, my lowest has been 47 and that wasn't that bad. The blood sugars have been confusing me a bit. The average has been in the high 60s. The weird thing is that I don't feel low in the slightest bit. I don't feel it until I'm in the low 50s. Sometimes I swear I'm high because I've got cotton mouth or I feel tired but I check and it blares a 50 at me. I wonder if my meter is off yet I know it's accurate because I'll feel a low and it'll give me a correct reading. IDK
  • I've been jotting in my "blog " notebook. I have a few partial blog ideas written. I'll try to expound a bit here.
  • I've got one that I want to post on expenses. I started on it after I read Brensdad's post. The costs of my care are definitely kicking me in the kidneys. My co-pay is $28.75. Every month I have to buy my insulin. I'm also having a monthly Dr. Appt. until I get my A1c back down. Luckily my test strips are covered 100%. I haven't the slightest idea how much my 3 month supply for my pump will be. I know that I have to pay 20% of whatever it does cost. Then I have my $51 payment every month for my insulin pump for the next 23 months. Then I have to buy glucose tabs quite often. Those are about $5 at Wally World (aka Wal-Mart) I usually go through about three bottles a month. Then I try to buy healthy food. I get low carb foods when available, these are always more expensive. So I'll hazard that my costs are around $160 a month. Now I know that isn't anywhere near as bad as it could be but it still stings. It's caused me to take two jobs to pay for expenses. I really don't know how I'm ever supposed to save my money to pay off the loans I've taken out to pay for school.

  • Something else that's been floating around lately is should I eat it now or save it for a low. When I get a candy I often waffle between eating it then or saving it to throw into my "low" stash. I really wish this was something I never thought about. Just something I've been thinking about lately.

  • Well that's all I can think of right now. I'm going to be celebrating a year of diabetes on Thursday. I'm not quite sure whether or not to celebrate.

  • I think I'm going to celebrate.

2 comments:

ammon said...

I sure luv ya Druggie. Thanks for the updated bloggin. It keeps me in the loop of your numbers. Keep it up and I hope to see you real soon!

jaye said...

lol the low stash... jess, you make me laugh