Monday, December 3, 2007

Leaving My Mark.

I had just pulled out of my paren'ts driveway and I was just about to the intersection.

Ring, ring!!

I jumped off my bike and dug through my front pocket trying to fish out my cell. I glanced at the caller ID, Grandma.

Cool, I didn't expect a call from her.

"Hey Grandma!"

Startled, "Oh, hi honey, I was trying to get your mom. Not that I mind that I got you." I could hear the smile in her voice.

I walked my bike with one hand while yacking to Grandma. Ten minutes later we were still chatting and I wasn't really paying attention to my surroundings. I kinda noticed some orange cones on the sidewalk but I didn't pay them any attention. As I walked between the cones my shoes sunk a bit and squelched as I picked them up.

"Hey!!" An angry voice shouted at me.

As I turned to find the source of the voice, I noticed the sidewalk I'd just walked over had three very clear footprints. My footprints.

I looked to the man that had caught my attention, he was on his cell trying to get a hold of someone. I gave him an apologetic look and he waved me off with an understanding face.

"You are not going to believe what I just did."

"What?"

"I just walked through wet cement."

"What!!"

"Yep."

I heard smothered laughter from the other side of the line. "Oh honey. I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh at you but that's rather funny. Can they just just smooth it out?"

I made a face. "Unfortunately, no. It's too late for that."

***
Oh well, I've always wanted to leave my mark on Malad.

No comments: