Thursday, April 10, 2008

Procrastination

Please don't ever do to yourself what I did. Yesterday I finally logged my blood sugars. It had been since February 8th that I had last recorded them. One thing I love about having an Accu-chek Aviva. It holds 500 results. Very useful when you are like me and just can't find the time (or just procrastinate like a pro) to log them every week.

But anyway, it took me like 2.5 hours to get them all put into Sugar Stats. Definitely don't want to do that again. Maybe I'll make it a habit of logging them every weekend and then posting my new weeks average. That'd guarantee at least one post a week. ;) haha.

Right now my 30 day average is 133 and my 7 day average is 120. I'm pretty happy with that. I'd really like to try to get my A1c even lower than my 6.7. I'm not complaining about that. In fact, I love it to pieces I just want to try a little harder. For those I love.

Um... I have a funny from today. In karate we were doing side kicks in a circle. Just going back and forth between right and left leg. Well I was really getting into it. Kicking with vigor, kinda jumping into the kick to give it extra force. Well on the very last kick I put my all into it. The next thing I knew, I was lying flat on my back. I had kicked so hard I had lost my footing. I was laughing so hard I could barely breath. I think it was probably one of those you-have-to-be-there moments.

Anyway, ttfn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess.

Your 7 and 30 day averages are very close to what I'm getting right now, and my A1c is about 6.7%, too.

I'm trying to step up the exercise a little these days, though, and hopefully those numbers will drop a bit. Anything under 7% is acceptable, but I really want to do better.

Have a great weekend.