Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Burn Out.

I burn out. It's what I do. When things get rough and stressful I tend to clam up and pretend there isn't a problem. It isn't healthy, I know. I'm working on it. But yeah, that'd be one reason why I haven't been online. I've been on my gmail religiously but I haven't been reading blogs nor have I been blogging. It's just how I deal. I did it last year when trouble started piling up. This led to very poor diabetes control and poor school work and half-hearted work. I don't know why I do it. When I'm doing well I can handle many stressors and I can get stuff done but you push me too hard and everything just gets shut off and I stop. I keep myself distracted and busy while accomplishing nothing. That doesn't work, now does it?


I've burnt out again but not nearly as bad as last time. A major difference between this time and last are my resources. I have been talking to others about what is going on rather than keeping it to myself. I have turned to my Heavenly Father for help. Between Him and my friends, I have found that I can lean on them briefly while I get my feet back underneath me.

So here I go, midterms out the yin-yang and a band concert tomorrow night. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Hi Jess,

I understand how this stuff is. I used to kind of do the same thing in school (which was basically less than 8 months ago) so I understand. Let me know if you need anything.

Sending a hug from VA!
Allison

Anonymous said...

I see a stamp coming...

Chancellor Brensdad.

Jess said...

It's halfway written. I'm trying here. LOL Give me some slack, it's midterms. But seriously, I'll get it up ASAP.